Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bankruptcy - debts in UK but living in Spain?

I have been trying to clear a huge debt for over 10 years but it has been impossible. I have to finally admit that I楹搗e not been great at making financial decisions though I haven楹搕 been reckless and the advice from my bank has frankly not helped. My bank consolidated my credit card debt sometime ago with a loan, which they said i had to have covered by insurance. They then gave me another credit card with the loan. Subsequently they gave me a 4,000 GBP overdraft and then an unsecured loan of 37kGBP. I also have two credit cards. I even worked abroad to try and make more money in the banking sector to try and pay off the debt but then lost that job. I have since moved to Spain where I am earning hardly anything but I am happy. I don楹搕 want to move back to England and I can楹搕 pay my debts. Can I file for bankruptcy in the UK if I am working and living in Spain? I don楹搕 want to start off life here with a bad credit history but am willing to accept that it will be bad in the UK.



Bankruptcy - debts in UK but living in Spain?

Whilst you probably should take legal advice what have you to lose? I cannot believe that Spain would ever know!



Bankruptcy - as I am sure you know - means that you honestly list all your assets and liabilites - and an administrator/trustee sets one against the other and pays your creditors something.



But unless you own a house or other large asset in practice little happens. One thing though to be acreful of is that you will not be treated very sympathetically if you have disposed of assets before you petition!



Best of luck!



Bankruptcy - debts in UK but living in Spain?

Assuming your situation is settled and your employment and residency are sorted, all you need to do is come back to England and visit the High Court in London.



www.insolvency.gov.uk is where you can find the forms; best of luck.



Speak to the court staff.



Declare Bankruptcy, follow the instructions of the Official Reciever



Go back to Spain and in a year your bky should be over.



Bankruptcy - debts in UK but living in Spain?

You may want to check with the bankrupcy court where you live. They may be able to answer questions for your with more accuracy. Good luck



Bankruptcy - debts in UK but living in Spain?

u cant do it by living in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Debt cards © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting