Thursday, June 17, 2010

Is a collection agency allowed to use my credit against me?

I owe a bank money because of a mistake that THEY made. However, i agreed to set up a payment plan with them b/c i dont have the money to pay in full. The bank agreed to the payment plan, and i told them i would give them a call back next month.



But they went ahead and passed my account on to a collection agency less than a week later, charging me MORE money. I spoke with the collection agency about setting up a payment plan...The woman told me she refuses to set up a payment plan because she sees i %26quot;have a credit card with a $5000 credit limit, which is MORE than enough to cover your debt%26quot;. She told me if i didnt use the credit card to pay the debt, or set up a direct payment from my checking account, she would take %26quot;FURTHER ACTION%26quot;.



CAN THEY DO THAT??? SOMEONE PLZ HELP!!!



Is a collection agency allowed to use my credit against me?

First things first, dorimn 9 is way wrong.



The bank has every right to turn bad debt to a collection agency and the agency can and will take further action up to and including LEGAL action.



No that said, the collection agency was perfectly legal in doing what they did with your credit, they have permissable purpose to pull your credit report. It is however you choice how you use your credit cards. I do not reccomend paying you collection debt with a credit card, not a good idea. I would sned them a letter disputing the debt, you said that tis was the banks error, so why agree to pay it? Prove it is not your responsibility and then if necessary, have your day in court.



Good luck!



Is a collection agency allowed to use my credit against me?

First...respond to the collection agency challening the debt, that will get them away for a cpl weeks. Next PROVE its the bank%26#039;s fault. Banks have to keep records due to the many laws they adhere to. Or just keep sending money to the bank and cut out collection agency (i.e. fees)...



Is a collection agency allowed to use my credit against me?

I have had some trouble with there agencies before. They are just trying to scare you. Did you know that they work on commision? They want that money from you so that they can get paid. They called me, trying to scare me into putting my debt on a credit card (which is the worst idea ever, don%26#039;t do it.) I asked to speak to the supervisor of the credit agency, and if that doesn%26#039;t work, if they are still being rude..call the better business bureau.



In the end, I told them multiple times that I couldn%26#039;t afford anything but a payment plan, I told them how much, and that I would NOT give them the number to my checking account...in the end, they had no choice.



Don%26#039;t be rude to them, just stay firm. They are intimidating, I know, but just stick to what you want and can afford.



(Don%26#039;t give them your checking account number. They don%26#039;t need it. )



In the end, make a copy of each check that you send to them, so that you have proof that you are paying them, and the amount you are every month.



Hope this helps!!



Is a collection agency allowed to use my credit against me?

Try sending a payment to the bank. If they keep it then they are giving tacit agreement to the payment plan. I would deal only with the bank as they made the deal and as long as you are making regular payments they cannot sue you for the balance. I could be wrong but I don%26#039;t believe that the collection agency can legally take %26quot;further action%26quot;. They can threaten all they want but if you tell them to stop calling you then they have to stop. All they can legally do is report to the credit agency which has probably been done already anyhow.



Is a collection agency allowed to use my credit against me?

You could have professionals negotiate a settlement to get you out for a lot less.



Is a collection agency allowed to use my credit against me?

No, they are not allow to do this. you need to go to your town civil court and place an counter sue againt them. They have broken a fdcra code. you can find a list of these codes by doing a search. sue you creditirs. there is a simple list of how to understand the sec codes that collectiona gencies break daily . but lay people do not understand that they rights have been broken. do this immedaltely. Good Luck... and do not be afraid to sue them I was affraid and I got over it remember its up to the judge not them. we hav to fight back agaisnt these junk debt credit collection agencies............... DW

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Debt cards © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting