Thursday, June 17, 2010

I have UK debt and I'm a resident of New Zealand and soon to have problems paying. What's

The debt is all credit cards and loans, there%26#039;s no council tax or tax debt



I have UK debt and I%26#039;m a resident of New Zealand and soon to have problems paying. What%26#039;s the legal situation?

If your UK creditors decide to take action against you, and they can establish that you owe them money, and you do not enter a defence, then they may be able to obtain a default judgment against you,



The judgment may be enforced in NZ under international treaty.



Depending on the amounts involved, they may or may not pursue enforcement.



If they decide to write the debts off then your default will ultimately be paid for by your fellow credit card holders/payers. Hope you sleep well.



I have UK debt and I%26#039;m a resident of New Zealand and soon to have problems paying. What%26#039;s the legal situation?

Forget about it...lol...seriously, it is history.



I haven%26#039;t paid in a single penny in 2 years on CC..why? i can%26#039;t afford it. Yeah i get phone calls and mail from BS debt collectors with illegally tacked on interest and just ignore the pricks.



I offered what i could afford, they refused, both the original creditors and debt collectors..so **** them as far as i am concerned.



they have sold my old debts over and over again, they really have no basis to sue either.



If it isn%26#039;t a tax debt as you say, forget them. If you owe alot and they sue, go to court and say you can%26#039;t afford it or offer em 5 bucks a month..a judge won%26#039;t burden you.



If you are living in NZ and the debts are from the UK...there is not a problem either.



I have UK debt and I%26#039;m a resident of New Zealand and soon to have problems paying. What%26#039;s the legal situation?

Get professional legal advice!



Surely you aren%26#039;t going to make decisions based on untraceable and unqualified advice from dubious sources on this site?



I have UK debt and I%26#039;m a resident of New Zealand and soon to have problems paying. What%26#039;s the legal situation?

Bottom line is your personal integrity is on the line. If you feel you shouldn%26#039;t have to pay the debts you created, don%26#039;t. I am not sure about Britain, but in the US they are really cracking down on people who don%26#039;t pay not only by destroying their credit, but taking legal action also.



I have UK debt and I%26#039;m a resident of New Zealand and soon to have problems paying. What%26#039;s the legal situation?

Legally, I don%26#039;t think it matters what country you are in when it comes to credit cards and loans. I mean, if you were to apply for credit cards and loans in New Zealand while still have outstanding debts in the UK, you might be able to get all the credit you want because they haven%26#039;t picked up on the UK debt. I don%26#039;t know a lot about international credit scores but in terms of paying but if you are really worried about the payments you should contact the credit card companies and ask for a lower annual percentage rate (APR) or look into credit cards that don%26#039;t require interest for a year so that you can get your feet back on the ground. Loans can also be refinanced because they always want to get their money back and they know that if they aren%26#039;t at least a little bit felexible than they may never see it at all. However, if you are moving to New Zealand and you never want to pay the money back and you aren%26#039;t planning on going back to the UK it would be rather hard for them to track you down. This is not the best advice, but for instance, my mother was from England (well, she still is but she lives in America now) and she opened a Swiss bank account when she lived in Swizterland and she is now kicking herself for closing it out because it is always advantageous to retain a bank account in a country once you have left it because I think it a tax evasion scheme or something. I don%26#039;t know if any of this is helping because I don%26#039;t know a ton about financing. Good luck and I wish yahoo!answers was designed so you can discover the outcome of the people you advise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Debt cards © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting