Saturday, June 19, 2010

Debt-related question?

Hi, I am currently in over 35 grand of debt, and need to choose between bankruptcy and consolidation/counseling. I%26#039;m starting a job that might make me barely enough for full consolidation of all the cards.



How bad does an I9 charge-off hurt one%26#039;s credit later in life? Will the credit card company declare the debt uncollectible in 6 months like they keep threatening, or will they keep trying to go after me?



What are good credit counseling agencies that should make it affordable for me? Did you have similar problems, and what worked for you?



Debt-related question?

Contact Consumer Credit Counseling at 1-800-388-2227 they are the largest and oldest non profit credit counseling service in the Country.



I used them several years ago and was debt free in 36-months.



Debt-related question?

kigel,



visit daveramsey.com to learn ur hard lessons from others hard mistakes.



ur not bankrupt, ur income challenged.



debt con solidation is treat same as bankruptcy in house buying.



read %26#039;48 days to work u love%26#039; d.miller



to learn to earn more not less.



get 2 more jobs great place to be when in debt - work. u%26#039;ll be able to pay off ur debt in 36 mths. bankruptcy last up to 10 yrss some choice hey!



Debt-related question?

Ten years for a bk, and you can kiss that house goodbye for 2 years. Seven years for a charge off, and 6 months? They will be hounding you for years. How in the heck did you get yourself into so much debt?



Anyway, I had a bk with over 60 k in debt back in 99. It was due to my ex suing me over the custody of the kids. That cost me $25000 which I didn%26#039;t have for attorney fees and for counseling. I had to take the bk route. But I was able to keep the house because she still had her name on it. I kept the car because it was over 15 years old. I kept my time share, because nobody wanted it.



You will survive this. My credit is currently over 700, and I paid off my ex on the house, and that was $120,000.



You want affordable. You should want survivable.



Look for one that is really non-profit, and has no ties to any financial commercial group.



Debt-related question?

You really need to go to the website below and read it all!! Debt consolidation and settlement is a way out, but it will make your credit score drop dramatically, but it%26#039;s not as bad as a total default or bankruptcy!



A charge off is one of the worst things that can happen and that can remain your credit for 7 years!! Getting any further credit is going to be impossible without usery interest rates!



Use the website below and repair your credit while getting credit and debt counseling help. This is the only way to put a stop to collection calls besides bankruptcy and that is a lot harder now!



I used this site myself and got my credit score from 480 to 709 in one year! I did not have as much debt as you so it may take you a little longer, but the point is to get started now!!!!



Regardless of how many dave ramsey%26#039;ers you find out there who pay cash and claim no need for credit, your never going to be able to buy a house with all cash unless you win the lottery, so you WILL need a credit rating!



Debt-related question?

Before you can choose either, you must be made aware of the new regulations regarding filing for bankruptcy.



Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005



With limited exceptions, people who plan to file for bankruptcy protection must get credit counseling from a government-approved organization within 180 days before they file. They also must complete a debtor education course to have their debts discharged.



In regards to credit counseling agencies, many are rip-offs and are not really non-profit organizations.



It閳ユ獨 wise to do some research when choosing a credit counseling organization. If you are in search of credit counseling to fulfill the bankruptcy law requirements, make sure you receive services only from approved providers for your judicial district or at the bankruptcy clerk閳ユ獨 office for the district where you will file.



A pre-bankruptcy counseling session with an approved credit counseling organization should include an evaluation of your personal financial situation, a discussion of alternatives to bankruptcy, and a personal budget plan.



I have enclosed a link to find only those Credit counseling agencies approved by the FTC (this way you won%26#039;t get stuck with ones that are ineffective.



Hope this helps.



Debt-related question?

Hey there, first of all, bankruptcy should be your last option. You can usually handle debts all by yourself.



Take a look here: http://www.usaindebt.com/2007/10/02/gett...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Debt cards © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting