Saturday, June 19, 2010

How do I stop credit card companies harassing my terminally ill mother. She won't declare banku

She is 72, on a low income and suffering from Stage 3A lung cancer. She receives social security (not much) and still works part time though as this is her second bout of chemo, probably won%26#039;t be able to do this much longer. She pays monthly on her cards though not nearly as much as they want her to and they keep harassing her despite being aware of the situation. One even told her %26quot;you%26#039;re not the only person in the world how has cancer.%26quot; She just doesn%26#039;t have the money (though, in actual fact, what she owes is not from her purchases but exorbitant interest the companies keep charging (and raising). I can%26#039;t afford to pay off her debts either. Is there anything at all I can do to stop them or is she going to be tormented by these people until the day she dies? Even if I could get them to stop phoning all day and disturbing her rest it would be something.



How do I stop credit card companies harassing my terminally ill mother. She won%26#039;t declare bankuptcy.?

just have the phone disconnected!!!



How do I stop credit card companies harassing my terminally ill mother. She won%26#039;t declare bankuptcy.?

They have a legitimate business purpose for calling her, to collect their money. Can you screen her calls via caller id, or simply take the phone off the hook.



I%26#039;d suggest you don%26#039;t pay any of her cards. If heaven forbid, she were to pass away tomorrow, its her estate that pays off the cards - not her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Debt cards © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting