Thursday, June 17, 2010

I got into trouble a few years ago, when I got diagnosed with cancer & got behind on my credit c

al insurance, couldn%26#039;t work like I did before, and you do the math. I moved out of state to be closer to relatives near a home I owned outright. I am still not working, but am hoping to do so soon. I have these outstanding debts, which I would like to clear up and now think I can take the stress of doing so. A friend said I should let sleeping dogs lay, but I am worried I could lose my home to a judgement even though the credit cards are considered unsecured debt. Whats the best way to find out who I owe what to? Can I negotiate a settlement? If one has secured a judgement can I try and still negotiate a lessor amount or am I stuck with a judgement? Is there anything I can do to make this right (of course without paying a whole bunch of stupid late fees, interest, and overlimit fees)? Thanks!



I got into trouble a few years ago, when I got diagnosed with cancer %26amp; got behind on my credit cards, no medic

I would suggest gathering all of your information and individually calling each one and see what their policies are and how they%26#039;d be willing to work with you. As harsh as it sounds, don%26#039;t expect them to be very helpful when it comes to money not very many people have sympathy. I know that if you have a secured judgement you%26#039;re stuck with that! Good Luck!



I got into trouble a few years ago, when I got diagnosed with cancer %26amp; got behind on my credit cards, no medic

A lot of cards will lower their interest rates. ALso try one of those free consumer credit agencies who will work as a go between with you and the card companies. I know people who used them and the agencies got some of the card companies to eliminate the finance charges outright and even reduce the amount owed. Good luck.



I got into trouble a few years ago, when I got diagnosed with cancer %26amp; got behind on my credit cards, no medic

you can pull your credit report free once a yr. It will show all your creditors. A judgment once placed you wont be able to negotiate sry. It may be wise to file bankruptcy. You wont lose your home car items you own ect.... It%26#039;s not as bad as people think it is. Nobody has to know (friends etc) It also gives you a chance to start fresh. If this isn%26#039;t something you want to do yes you Can contact your deptors and come up with a payment plan. If they accept it they can not refuse it in the future. You will have to make sure every payment is on time or deal will be null Best of luck to you and congrats on beating the C ;) God Bless



I got into trouble a few years ago, when I got diagnosed with cancer %26amp; got behind on my credit cards, no medic

First, %26quot;let sleeping dogs lay%26quot; is the dumbest thing I%26#039;ve ever heard-- she%26#039;s saying, %26#039;sure those are your debts but who cares!!%26quot;



Pull your credit report from all three bureaus and use the contact information on there. Call/write to each and explain the circumstances and what you can afford to pay, and see if they will lower the interest, cut fees, etc. Negotate that they WILL NOT report it as %26quot;settled for less than full amount%26#039; on your report-- that hurts. For smaller bills you can pay outright-- negotiate that they will delete them from your report completely when you pay in full.



I got into trouble a few years ago, when I got diagnosed with cancer %26amp; got behind on my credit cards, no medic

My book explains debt settlement for best results and so you don%26#039;t get hurt by collector%26#039;s lies. See my site below

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Debt cards © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting